Mostly a place for my sketches, funny stories (true and based on tabletop role play games), random ideas, and rants about things I feel strongly for.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Procrastination
Procrastination has finally gotten the better of me. Out of all my years in school, putting off assignments and finishing them last-minute, I have met my match. I didn't read a book for a class and I was too fond of the professor to lie. I won't name the book, but I just cannot enjoy this book, and thus I cannot read it. The author describes irrelevant details and flashes between past and present entirely too often for a reader to fluidly understand the story at hand. One minute she's cooking while pregnant, then meeting her husband for the first time, then she's walking around the hospital, then she's moving to America, and then she's giving birth. It's hard to follow especially when one of the most detailed paragraphs describes what food she is eating because of her pregnancy cravings. That's not even all of the first chapter. I emailed my professor saying that I was sorry, but I would not meet the deadline from reading the book. I could watch the movie, which I hear is very accurate to the book, but I would still not be doing the assignment based on the book. I don't know why I feel bad enough to tell the truth to my professor. Usually in the past I have bombed the quiz/test/writing/whatever and compensated for it in other grades. No big deal. But why do I now feel compelled to come clean? I have no idea. Another reason that this book is so hard to read right now is the fact I was in the middle of reading one of the books in The Hunger Games series and about to finish the series. That series was so well written, so beautifully executed that reading something like my assignment was just impossible. It didn't hold a match, let alone a candle to The Hunger Games series. On top of that I have been hijacked by my periodic gaming obsessions. Recently I was forced to play Mass Effect by my boyfriend, and ended up loving it. I loved it so much I finished the entire main story in 2 days and the side missions in another 2. Then I got Mass Effect 2 today and had to transfer my character in. Well it's not just a simple "Transferring....done" it was a melding of two story lines that involved my beloved Katherine Shepard losing her ship and watching the crew escape as she was plunged into outer space and suffocated. Then she's brought back to life over the course of 2 years by an organization that her military hated. So needless to say I didn't stop after my character was transferred over. College isn't that hard for me, but this time I really hit a snag. Plus I have other assignments and tests to do on my online classes soon. And I need to sign up for a 5K race for my P.E. class. Fuuu----
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment