Mostly a place for my sketches, funny stories (true and based on tabletop role play games), random ideas, and rants about things I feel strongly for.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Unexpected family time
My mom and I have our ups and downs in our relationship, but overall she's great. Today we got to talking about soap operas because I scoffed at how much she, my dad, my sister, my aunt, and my uncle watch them. She started to explain what some of them have been like in general over the years since all of then except my sister have been watching them for about 25 years. She explained how some are more realistic, and some border on the science fiction, which I liked the sound of. She told me that that was her dose of guilt-free drama since it wasn't real and/or happening to her or people she really knew. I told her that I had the same reason to play my tabletop roleplay games. The one I play in are mostly to tell a dramatic story about romance AND action. Honestly, without romance there would be no action when it comes down to it. Without people having babies, nothing would exist, but that's off topic. Once the soap opera was over mom showed me that she bought a Richard Simmons video since she's gotten to frail to do exercise with our church group. She wanted my dad to work out with her, but he hasn't yet, so I volunteered. We worked out to Richard Simmon's ab workout tape from 1997 and it was a good workout. Then, because my niece wanted to do another workout with me, she started on her homework. I ended up helping her some and talking with her which we don't much even though we live in the same house. We didn't do the workout, but it was nice to sit with her. Then my aunt came over after working out with our church group and we ended up talking about our hair and eventually heath things. It was okay until she mentioned that I was getting chubby from sitting at the computer all the time before I started working out. Sigh. But overall today I really bonded with my family in a way I haven't in a long time. I'm sure once I'm old enough to legally drink, and they won't feel bad about letting me drink at family gatherings, we'll be a lot closer. Everyone's looking forward to my 21st birthday. Until next time lovlies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment